DAY 1 “Jesus’ Triumphal Entry”
- read Matthew 21:1-11 together
- Afterwards do a “Jacket Parade!” Lay out a path of jackets on the ground and then family members line up on either side of the jackets and say out loud, “Hosanna to the son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna to the Son of David!”
- Make Paper Palm Branches and write “Hosanna, Jesus saves!” The word “Hosanna” means “O Save.” Decorate your house with these palm branches.
DAY 2 “Jesus Clears The Temple
- Families read Mark 11:15-19 together
- Afterwards make a “Prayer Box” to place on your counter for others to place a prayer request inside of the prayer box. To make a prayer box, take a Kleenex box or another type of box, cut a slit in the top. Decorate the box. Write on the box, “Want Prayer?” Have family members write down prayer and put into the box. Take turns each night praying over the requests.
DAY 3 “The Fig Tree- A Call To Faith”
- Families read Matthew 21:18-22 together
- Afterwards families can draw a big tree on paper. At the top of the paper write, “Whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” Matthew 21:22. With another piece of paper cut out small paper leaves and write down family members’ names on them. Tape the leaves to the tree. Hang up the tree in an area in the house where you can see your family members’ names and pray for them!
DAY 4 “Jesus Anointed”
- Families read Matthew 26:1-13 together
- Afterwards each person makes a paper heart and write on it what you would like to give to Jesus. If you’d like, spray some perfume on the heart. Hang the heart in a place that will remind you that Jesus wants us to love Him with all of our heart!
DAY 5 “Jesus Washes The Disciple’s Feet”
- Families read John 13:1-20
- Afterwards, wash each other’s feet! Maybe use nice smelling lotion or even paint each other’s toe nails!
DAY 6 “Jesus Dies On The Cross”
- Families read John 19:16-42 together
- Afterwards, each person draw a cross on a piece of paper. At the top of the paper write, “Jesus died for my sins” write some sins down on the paper. Take a quiet moment to pray privately and ask Jesus to forgive you of those sins. Next, throw the paper in the trash and thank Jesus that He is faithful to forgive us of our sins!
DAY 7 “Jesus Raises From The Dead”
- Families read John 20 together
- Afterwards, Have a Resurrection Easter Egg Hunt! Fill Easter eggs with candy or prizes but leave one egg per child- empty marked with their initial on it. This is their resurrection egg. On “GO” have the kids find the Easter eggs. At the end of the hunt, after each kid has found all the eggs plus their resurrection egg, give them each a special prize for finding their empty resurrection egg. Explain to the kids that the empty egg reminds us that Jesus is not dead but Jesus is alive!!