Don’t Miss a Thing
You downloaded the HCF App, but still need to enable Push Notifications so you can stay updated with urgent announcements? Here’s a detailed guide that will walk you through on your Apple or Android device.
How to Configure Push Notifications on an Apple Device (iOS)
You don’t need to enable push notifications. They’re enabled by default as part of the iOS. All you need to do is choose which apps you want to get notifications from and what type of alerts they send. Here’s how to do that:
- Tap the Settings app to open it
- Tap Notifications
- On this screen, you’ll see all the apps installed on your phone that support push. Settings for each app are managed separately, so find the HCF app and tap it
- The first option is to Allow Notifications from this app. If you want notifications, move the slider to On/green, if not move it to Off/white
- The next option is to determine if notifications from the app will Show in Notification Center. Move the slider to On/green, if you want that.
- In the Sounds menu, choose whether your iPhone will make noise when you have a notification from this app. Move the slider to On/green if you want that
- The Badge App Icon setting determines whether a red number appears on the app icon when it has notifications for you. This can be helpful to see what needs attention. Move the slider to On/green to use it or to Off/white to disable it
- The Show in Lock Screen option lets you control whether notifications display on your phone’s screen even when it’s locked. You may want this for things that need immediate attention
- In the Alert Style When Unlocked box, you control the look of notification alerts when your phone is not locked. Tap the one you prefer:
- None—pretty self-explanatory. You won’t see any notifications
- Banners—short messages at the top of your screen that disappear after a few seconds
- Alerts—pop up windows in the center of the screen that you need to interact with to dismiss.